By Trish Mikkelson, Founder and Director
Thanks so much for your interest in being assistant director and/or a founding member of Vegan Utopia Ecovillage.
I am currently looking for at least one compatible person who wants to help get this project off the ground. You can find a description of my idea of the ideal person here.
If you are serious about exploring the possibilities of being either a long distance, part-time or full-time resident, going through this checklist is the best way to decide if you want to fill out an application. I also recommend that you thoroughly explore the website.
At some point in the application process, you will need to have a background check and credit check. Having challenges in dealing with the legal system or the banking system will not automatically mean that you can't be part of the community.
Click on the links in the order below for the greatest efficiency.
1. Values: If you resonate with all of them great! Keep going.
If not, having a conflict of values leads to endless conflicts, which are not fun for anyone. Therefore, we need not go any further.
2. Communication Covenant: It is important that you see value in resolving this way of resolving and preventing conflicts:
3. Description of the living situation: If this arrangement does not work for you, tell me your creative solutions and ideas so you can get your unique needs met. If everything else lines up, I will do our best to help you out.
4. Get to know me, Trish Mikkelson: director, founder, and only member. This is truly a start-up operation and if you are the very first person who comes here, I will be the main person you will need to be able to work with closely.
5. Perks: There are so many wonderful opportunities for you to be whole in body, mind, and soul. Check them out! Coming soon!
6. Costs: Except for a few exceptions, people need to pay for their expenses. We can talk about what that looks like depending on when you apply.
7. Diet: At least 80% raw (maybe 100%) Mostly whole foods for the remaining 20 percent.
8. Systems and structures: I am working hard to use systems that have worked in intentional communities. I am going to be taking a training in Sociocracy in Jan 2019. I am glad to see that Sociocracy continues to be very successfully used in co-housing and other communities. I am studying it on my own. Here is something I wrote to help people study on their own.
12. Current situation: Honesty is very important to me.
13. Ask me questions (see below for my email address). You need to know that I am trustworthy!
14. If you are still feeling positive, wonderful! Contact Patricia for the final application: livablefutureproject at gmail dot com.