by Trish Mikkelson
Here is a description of the ideal person who I am looking for be the assistant director or member of Vegan Utopia Ecovillage:
1. Agrees with the values whole-heartedly, but at the same time has ideas for additions and refinements.
2. Has a high degree of integrity
3. Aligns with the main mission of helping healthy vegan communities get started all over the planet.
4. Is willing to take the time look at the website thoroughly to see if there are any irreconcilable differences. Discerning enough to see if they resonate with all they see.
5. Genuinely likes and respects me. You can really get to know me on this Facebook page where I pray, meditate, laugh, cry, sing and do lots of other things that have inspired people.
6. Can help me and others lovingly see our shadows. As much as I yearn to be accepted and celebrated for who I am, I also yearn to continually let go of habits, thoughts, words, and deeds that are not in alignment with my values, But it is essential that such "care-frontation: takes place in ways where I and others feel safe, and opinions are not forced upon us.
8. Handles conflicts in ways that encourage learning and growth. This person is calm for the most part if conflicts arise, and is able to use tools like empathic listening to diffuse conflict. Has experience with dealing with conflict and can serve as a mediator if necessary.
10. Likes to laugh, have fun, lighten up, dance, sing, act goofy and otherwise be spontaneous.
11. Likes my friends who I have described in these blogs posts listed below. Although they are not living here, they may in the future. Also, this gives you an idea of who I am as well.
12. Has the financial means to pay for food and rent which approximately $900 a month. Can pay for any other personal expenses including health care.